Same Game, New Rules
You don’t need to be that observant to realise that I’m a miserable bastard but lately it’s been a lot worse due to a combination of real life things and not just this hilariously miserable fucker you see on twitter. I’ve realised I need to make some drastic changes and set some new rules for myself in order to be happier (certain things have been emitted due to obvious reasons). I decided upon this last night when I was unable to sleep.
I’m gonna jot them down here and review them every month to keep track of what I’m doing. You probably don’t care much beyond my beer writing but fuck it, ignore it if you’re that way inclined.
I’ve never been very good at keeping to rules but I’m really gonna try my hardest because I absolutely need to as I’ve not been able to sleep due to various stresses including never having any money and constantly being drunk (may be related).
1) Don’t go out drinking on weeknights (unless it’s a special occasion)
2) Don’t buy take home beers (unless it’s the weekend)
3) Don’t buy shit take home beers (Yes, that includes Carling sadly)
4) Don’t drink at home (Unless I’ve ordered beer online or have weekend leftovers)
5) Only go out on either Friday OR Saturday night
6) Only go out two weekends a month (unless it’s a special occasion
7) Only go out of Norwich one weekend a month (unless it’s a special occasion)
8) Cut all of my hair off (I’m having a bit of a crisis yes but also long hair is getting annoying)
9) Use computer/tablet/TV less when I’m at home
10) Read more (also: learn more about beer)
11) Review at least one album a week
12) Don’t lend money or extend credit (unless it’s a life or death situation)
13) Don’t borrow money (unless it’s a life or death situation)
14) Make lunch at home and take it to work instead of buying lunch every day
15) Buy a bicycle instead of paying extortionate bus prices
16) Don’t moan about meaningless beer related things
17) Stop being such an arsehole to people
18) Finally buy a new suit
I’m sure I thought of more than 18 but fuck it. What I hope to achieve is to be able to sleep better and have more money more of the time leading to me being a lot happier.
Why I’m sharing this with you, I do not know but ah well. Hopefully this will work out. It probably won’t as I’m fucking shit at sticking to things.